Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back from Namibia

Well, it's the beginning of February and we're back from Namibia. About 50 hours of driving, whoah! The trip down wasn't so bad. We stopped along the way to minister to children at the Teen Challenge Center in Benguela, and then we stayed almost a week in Lubongo, training leaders in children's ministries and distributing resources (puppets, books, etc.)

Then, we went down to Namibia and spent almost another week in Otjiwarango where we did a Children's Christmas Festival for the local children. It was great. God spoke to people's hearts to give to our ministry, so we were able to really able to do it up right, buying bicycles and cd diskmans as prizes, doing lots of fun games, and some great crafts. The programs we did spoke about the gifts that God gives us. The best gift, His Son, and also the gift of the Holy Spirit.

The drive going down wasn't so bad because it was broken up, but the drive back we did just about straight through and it was a killer. The last day I just couldn't drive any further. I got so sick we had to stop and I just laid down. I know people were praying for me because after about 2 hours, all the symptoms went away and I felt fine and was able to drive the rest of the way. I do appreciate Brother Paul for taking the wheel those two hours that I was out.

My knee is getting better. Slowly but surely. I opted out of the surgery, trusting God for a slow, but complete healing.
Thanks for your continued prayers over this.

Next week we go into Kwanza North and up into Malange to put in a church foundation, as well as to do children's ministry workshops, preach, and show the Jesus film. Next Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Thanks for keeping us in prayer.

-Mark

No comments: