Saturday, April 23, 2011

Windhoek trip

Have been very involved in trying to sell two missions houses, and get a place here in Swakopmund to live in. It seems like things have gone through very well for the house in Otjiwarongo, but there have been a few hiccups with the house in Windhoek. The gate was giving problems, the electricity in the house kept shutting off when it rained, the flat lost power to half of it, and the pool didn't stay full. It drained - turned out that there were cracks in it and the water that was used to fill the pool drained out through the cracks. So, a lot of work was involved to get everything going the way it is supposed to be going, and we will have to put in a new pool.
One of the hiccups was also that there is a tree on the property line that is busting through the wall. The purchaser asked that I would deal with the owner of the property next door to take care of that tree and fix the wall. At first it just seemed like one more thing to deal with, but then as I was praying, asking the Lord to give me favor with the neighbor, I sensed that the Lord knew that tree when it was just a seed, and was using it for me to have a witnessing opportunity.
So, I went to talk to the neighbor 3 times, and each time I missed him. Finally, one morning when I looked over the wall and saw his car in the driveway, I parked my truck in front of his gate so he couldn't get out. When the gate opened and he was blocked in, I went over and greeted him. He told me that he had a meeting at 8, but that we could talk for 5 minutes. So, I moved my truck, and got in his Mercedes to talk, and he drove off with me into the city. We talked a little bit in the car, and then he pulled up to a construction site where about 40 workers were waiting for him. He's the owner of a big construction company that was constructing a building.
After he finished speaking to his workers, he introduced me to "Ali," his foreman. This guy has quite a past and was originally from Germany, but then spent time in Rhodesia and South Africa before moving into Namibia. He used to be Pentecostal, but as I spoke to him, I found him to be, let's say, somewhat removed from pentecost.
I had a really good time sharing with him and exhorting him to get his relationship with God in the right place so he can start fulfilling God's purposes in his life. Then when it was time to go, I had another opportunity to talk to the owner, Mr. Yambo. I showed him Song of Solomon where God is saying,
Son 2:10 My Beloved spoke, and said to me, Rise up, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
Son 2:11 For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over; it goes to itself.
Son 2:12 the flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land;
Son 2:13 the fig tree puts forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, My love, My beautiful one, and come away.
Son 2:16 My Beloved is mine, and I am His; He feeds among the lilies.

I told him that he had reached the point in his life where his soul was wanting to turn to God. The Winter is past, the rains are gone, and now God was really calling him to follow Him. I spoke with him and told him that God isn't looking at him, waiting for him to die so he can cast him into hell, but instead, God is calling him "his love," and "his beautiful one." That only God can see us this way, for we certainly don't. Mr. Yambo and I then prayed right there in front of his construction site out in the open. We put our heads together and prayed and sought the Lord, to follow in His ways and not in our own anymore. It was a really good meeting and prayer time and I look forward to seeing him again and continuing in this. He is a man who has lived a pretty sinful life, but he is also a man who does not hide that, but is very transparent.

No comments: